First Party has returned, and we’re back with the 2.0 version of the polo. What does that mean?
Here’s what we kept from v1.0:
– The style — Still two buttons, still has the First Party logo embroidered on the chest, still has the blue First Party tag on the sleeve.
– The weight — We liked the sturdy, 100% cotton of the first polos, which are thicker than many other human shirts. We kept that weight.
Here’s what we changed for the v2.0:
– The material — These are made of a finer cotton than the v1.0s. If you want the dirty details, the v1.0s were “carded-cotton.” These are “combed-cotton.” The upshot is that they are softer/sturdier.
– Pre-shrunk — The v2.0 polos have been pre-treated against shrinkage. So these can be worn and abused like normal laundry and they will still keep their size.
– New colors — We dropped the bright blue and red and replaced them with more muted colors: “Slate Blue” and the “Cardinal Red”. Suggested “Bloodreaverrr Crimson,” got shot down.
– Vented hem (?) — This is that little triangular slit that’s at the bottom of some shirts of this type. It makes them a little more comfortable to sit in and (in case it is necessary for a dress code) far more comfortable to wear tucked in.
What we’ve got is a soft, sturdy, comfortable polo with something called a “breathable pique weave.” It’s comfortable right out of the box, and with each wash only grows more comfortable, until you and the shirt become synonyms.
It seemed like it would be fun or cool or both to offer an “upgrade” program, in keeping with our Version Number nomenclature. Here’s how it works:
– People who bought a v1.0 polo can “upgrade” to a new v2.0 for free. (Yay!)
– You can either cut out the chest emblem, or mail us the entire shirt as proof of purchase.…
– Then, attach the emblem to this form: http://hw1.pa-cdn.com/pa/merch/fppoloupgrade.pdf
– Send the completed form to the PA Warehouse. (The address is on the form.)
– If you’re outside the US, the polo is still free, but we need you to share some of the shipping cost with us. So you will need to pay your part of the shipping here: http://store.penny-arcade.com/products/fpship, then include that order number on your form.
– This offer is good until 6/30/2012.