Join Club PA

Tycho / 2 days ago

I'd heard that the new stress test for Sea of Thieves was gonna be an actual stress test. As in, they were gonna let us come in and try to break it while they were actively trying to break the backend as well. Giving people an experience with your product you aren't completely in control of and which can literally fail in random ways creates novel rhetorical and business challenges, which is why "betas" are mostly marketing and why when we purchase entertainment software it's fucked a…

Read More

Tycho / 5 days ago

I first saw the Wyrmwood crew out at PAX South, which was essentially "the tabletop focused show" before there was such a thing as PAX Unplugged. "Wood nerds" are real. I know about this from my stepfather: he was showing me some kind of "burl" or whatever, which I think is a wood word, and he was like "check this burl out" or something to that effect. No, it was Bird's Eye maple. His eyes glowed. That's the type of dorks these Wyrmwood people are. Indeed, they are multiclass, because…

Read More

Tycho / 1 week ago

When I'm playing pubji with Kiko, I take painkillers constantly. Like, in game. The inventory item. It helps me get my head right. In the state of preternatural clarity they create, do I occasionally shoot a bush that looks (at a certain LOD) like it might be a crouching man? I won't say it doesn't happen. Maybe the bush in question didn't deserve to be shot, per se - but let's be honest with one another. There is no bush without sin. The first panel is truly what he thought,…

Read More

Tycho / 1 week ago

This motherfucker can't stay out of the news. And because eSports and social media have transformed every human medium of communication into a tabloid, I can't look anywhere without seeing it. So now, even if you have scrupulously limited your Internet access to this specific site, you still have to put up with it. The whole thing has put me in a very philosophical mood. There is pretty clearly a disconnect between the audience for online content and the platforms that host that…

Read More

What Club PA Offers

• Ad Free Experience
  • Full Newspost & Comic RSS
  • Exclusive Content & Merch
  • Club PA Pinny Arcade Pin
  • PA Store Discounts & More!

Learn About Club PA

Follow Penny Arcade

More