Join Club PA

Tycho / 3 days ago

I've heard a bunch of really amazing shit about the new Warhammer 40k stuff; the last time I played my Necrons, games still took six hours. From friends, it sounds like it's hitting that ribald, skirmish scale that attracted me to Warmahordes and Infinity. And let me be clear: I feel like that was six hours well spent. I just don't have time like that all in a row these days. I'm willing to put up with a lot of horseshit when it comes to my tiny men, and I didn't mind how it comported…

Read More

Tycho / 4 days ago

I didn't really live in the Eighties people lionize, let alone lion-o. I wasn't allowed to like the music and shows people recall with such fondness. I always mention this, but the extra part you should know is that I didn't feel hard-done by it generally. I didn't resent it. I believed in the mechanism that was being used to curate my mental diet: I understood that the Devil was using the culture to mainstream concepts like witchcraft and, yes, even premarital sex. So the way it worked…

Read More

Tycho / 6 days ago

Gabriel's experience with RPGs is a smattering of potent imports from Japan, the occasional Dragon Age game, and Mass Effect. No Wizardry, no Ultima, no Bard's Tale, no Gold Box, and certainly no Baldur's Gate - the inheritor of that august fraternity. No classic Fallouts. And no Planescape. What I mean to say by this is that the literary branch of the RPG typically constrained to the PC is not really in his experience. It was once a point of contention: as proof, I offer a comic strip…

Read More

Tycho / 1 week ago

My fever keeps riding a data set that, at its highest point, I think I can see; I'm traversing it on a kind of minecart. I don't mind. Sometimes the thinking is disordered, and sometimes it is oddly interactive and sometimes it is revelatory. I can see sages of the past from here, and they wave to me. I wave back. Gabe and I have often responded to queries of the form "what will you do in the future" with what I think is a fairly typical response for people who make stuff, which is to say…

Read More

Club PA - Powered by Patreon

• Exclusive Podcasts
    & Streams
  • A Club PA
    Pinny Arcade Pin
  • Store Discounts
    & Exclusive Merch
  • Exclusive Comics
    & Art

Join!

Follow Penny Arcade