Warmachine is a very rewarding wargame (in my opinion) that asks a lot from you at the beginning of a turn. Because your Warcaster - roughly analogous to a King in Chess - must apportion their mystic power to your forces, you need to arrange the turn in your head before you ever commit a single unit. It's that foundational edict - the distribution of your Focus - that has purpose-built a mind within me capable of playing this kind of game.
I remember when Kiko was teaching me to play it and I beat him before I was supposed to. Both in turns, and in my career in general. We would go on to play those armies against each other for years, with variations on the themes, neither of us ever truly establishing dominion in the effort. He likes the order these games offer and I like the cracks in these rules where devils hide. Sometimes he will place a token on the board to indicate something I should have put a token down myself for. I honor him for it. I recognize my failing, and will be sure to correct it.
We have one final assault from the store, and it launches at 2pm PST. We call them Hoardsperson's Lucky Bags. We used to offer these in the past, but until we could make them extra special we put the notion on pause for a bit. Our crew has exceeded themselves in every way, with a custom sack stuffed with raiment, experiments, and novel offerings that we think the shrewd Acquisitions Incorporated enthusiast will be enriched by.
- Only 420 Available (wry emoji)
- Pre-Order now and will ship out latest by January 13th
- An assortment of exclusive Hoardsperson's loot and vestigial Acq Inc merchandise
- Are $100 each but have a base retail value of $150 and some bags will exceed that. By, uh, a lot.
- Be sure to select your sizes for the Limited Edition Lucky Bag Tee (only Unisex Sizes) and Mystery Apparel that will appear in your cart.
Good luck, and Happy New Year!